Bulletin/Catalog Year 2018-2019
College of Behavioral and Health Sciences
Department of Leadership and Organizational Administration
Dr. William Rayburn
Chair, Department of Leadership and Organizational Administration
Location: McCord Building, Room 204
Dr. Kathryn Woods
Location: Ft. Campbell Bldg. 203, Office 107
The MPS is a professionally-oriented online program that responds to the dynamic needs of students working in or preparing for rapidly changing professional environments and expectations. In this program of interdisciplinary graduate studies, students make connections between various professional fields and traditional social science disciplines.
Professionals that might be served by the MPS program include, but are not limited to, individuals working in commerce, information technology, mass media, law enforcement, government, social services, health care, and education.
The program requires completion of 30 semester credit hours (10 courses).
Listed below are the required application materials and the associated scores (if necessary) for each.
- Application for admission
- Application Fee: $45 domestic or $55 international
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Verification of lawful presence in the United States (i.e. submit a license or other approved document)
- Bachelor’s degree, conferred in any field, from a regionally accredited institution showing a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.5
- Choose ONE of the following:
- Admissions Portfolio - Applicants may submit a portfolio in lieu of the GRE. The portfolio must include a current resume, a personal essay detailing the reasons for wanting to enter the M.P.S. program and discussing how the program will help the applicant achieve personal and professional goals, and two letters of professional and/or academic reference. Applicants must upload or submit the portfolio to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Minimum GRE revised General Test scores of: Verbal - 140, Quantitative - 140, and Analytical Writing - 2.5.
- Military documents (if applicable)
- Admission decision by department
For more information about the application process, please visit apsu.edu/grad-studies.