Bulletin/Catalog Year 2018-2019
Martha Dickerson Eriksson College of Education
Department of Teaching and Learning
Dr. Benita Bruster
Chair, Department of Teaching and Learning
Location: Claxton Building, Room 304B
Dr. Ling Wang
Location: Claxton Building, Room 315
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) is an online Graduate Certificate Program at Austin Peay State University offered in the College of Education. This interdisciplinary program is designed to produce graduates who possess a high level of knowledge of contemporary theories, pedagogy, andragogy, and research in TESOL curriculum and instruction.
All the six courses can be transferred to the MAT program. With the completion of the additional four courses, students will receive a Non-Licensure Master’s Degree (M.A.T.) concentrated in TESOL.
Listed below are the required application materials and the associated scores (if necessary) for each.
- Application for admission
- Application Fee: $45 domestic or $55 international
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Bachelor’s degree, conferred in any field, from a regionally accredited institution showing a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or ongoing undergraduate students with a 3.5 GPA and senior status
- Military documents (if applicable)
- Admission decision by department
For more information about the application process, please visit apsu.edu/grad-studies.