Bulletin/Catalog Year 2019-2020
College of Behavioral and Health Sciences
Department of Health and Human Performance
Dr. Marcy Maurer
Chair, Department of Health and Human Performance
Location: Dunn Center, Room 267
Phone: (931) 221-6105
Dr. Tim Leszczak
Graduate Coordinator, Professor
Location: Dunn Center, Room 270
Phone: (931) 221-6112
This program will focus on building students into leaders of the healthcare sector. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, individuals in this area will “plan, direct, and coordinate medical and health services. They might manage an entire facility, a specific clinical area or department, or a medical practice for a group of physicians. Medical and health services managers must direct changes that conform to changes in healthcare laws, regulations, and technology.” Students entering this field can expect to work in hospitals, dependent and independent care facilities, and group medical practices.
Listed below are the required application materials and the associated scores (if necessary) for each.
- Application for admission
- Application Fee: $45 domestic or $55 international
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Verification of lawful presence in the United States (i.e. submit a license or other approved document)
- Bachelor’s degree, conferred in any field, from a regionally accredited institution showing a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.5
- *Minimum GRE revised General Test scores of: Verbal-140, Quantitative-140, and Analytical Writing-2.5
- Military documents (if applicable)
- Admission decision by department
*Students with an undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or greater or with a master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution may submit an Entrance Exam Waiver, for approval by the department, to waive the GRE requirement. This does not guarantee admission into the program. All documents will be evaluated before a decision is made.
For more information about the application process, please visit apsu.edu/grad-studies.