The Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology with a concentration in Pre-professional will prepare students to sit for the Exercise Physiologist Certification through the American College of Sports Medicine, the Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist test through the National Strength and Conditioning Association, and prepare students for graduate study in Kinesiology or Exercise Science. This concentration is for students typically interested in furthering their education in physical therapy, occupational therapy, or physician assistant professional programs.
Students who are interested in the Pre-professional concentration will be required to apply to the concentration. The requirements to be admitted are:
1. Earned at least 30 undergraduate hours.
2. Earned at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
3. Earned at least a B or higher in Math 1530.
4. Earned at least a B or higher in Biology 2010/2011.
Students who designate the B.S. in Kinesiology as their major will adhere to APSU retention and graduation policies as published in the APSU Bulletin.
* If interested in this Concentration please speak to your Academic Advisor *