Oct 21, 2020
Bulletin/Catalog Year 2020-2021
College of Behavioral and Health Sciences
Department of Social Work
Dr. Jeff Thompson
Chair, Department of Social Work
Location: Clement Building, Room 102
Dr. Porter Jennings-McGarity
Location: Clement Building, Room 109
Website: Department of Social Work website
The MSW is currenty accredited by CSWE.
Listed below are the required application materials and the associated scores (if necessary) for each.
- Application for admission
- Social Work department application
- Application Fee: $45 domestic or $55 international
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Verification of lawful presence in the United States (i.e. submit a license or other approved document)
- Bachelor’s degree, conferred in any field, from a regionally accredited institution showing a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75 (student’s applying for Advanced Standing must have a Bachelor of Social Work degree from a CSWE accredited program and a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0)
- Three Letters of Reference on the Social Work Letter of Reference Form
- Military documents (if applicable)
- Admission decision by department
For more information about the application process, please visit apsu.edu/grad-studies.