Oct 20, 2021
Bulletin/Catalog Year 2020-2021
College of Arts and Letters
Department of Music
Dr. Eric Branscome
Chair, Department of Music
Location: Music/Mass Communication Building, Room 135
Dr. Korre Foster
Location: Music/Mass Communication Building, Room 137
This program is designed for post-baccalaureate music students who wish to concentrate primarily on their performance skills as they are prepare for entry into masters’ programs, competitions, auditions, or performing positions without being enrolled in a degree program. The program focuses almost exclusively on developing performance skills through private instruction, collaborative and ensemble performances, and solo recitals. The certificate only recognizes accomplishment and does not carry the privileges of a college degree. For international students who lack adequate English competency, the program will focus on music performance and English studies in tandem. International students who have sufficient English skills may continue to concentrate on English language skills in tandem with the Performance Certificate.
Listed below are the required application materials and the associated scores (if necessary) for each.
- Application for admission
- Application Fee: $45 domestic or $55 international
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Verification of lawful presence in the United States (i.e. submit a license or other approved document)
- Bachelor’s degree, conferred in any field, from a regionally accredited institution showing a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.5
- Submit three letters of recommendation
- Military documents (if applicable)
- Admission decision by department
For more information about the application process, please visit apsu.edu/grad-studies.