Bulletin/Catalog Year 2021-2022
College of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
Department of Computer Science and Information Technology
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Dr. Leong Lee
Chair, Department of Computer Science and Information Technology
Location: Maynard Mathematics and Computer Science Building, Room 206/207
Dr. Samuel Jator
Chair, Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Location: Maynard Mathematics and Computer Science Building, Room 204
The Department of Computer Science and Information Technology and the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at Austin Peay offer both an online and on-campus Professional Science Masters ideal for professionals in a wide variety of science and math career fields.
The Professional Science Masters (P.S.M.) in Computer Science and Quantitative Methods bring together science and business skills to give students a greater competitive advantage in the workforce. Both degrees enable students to pursue advanced training while working fulltime. The concentrations listed below are ideal for anyone with a bachelor’s degree, working in industry or military, and/or having a desire to advance their career with a technical degree. These programs are designed to allow students to complete their degrees while continuing to hold employment.
The P.S.M. program offers four concentrations:
- Data Management and Analysis (online and on-campus)
- Predictive Analytics (online and on-campus)
- Information Assurance and Security (online and on-campus)
- Mathematical Finance (online and on-campus)
Intended as an alternative to research-focused doctoral programs, P.S.M. programs normally consist of study in a designated science or mathematics discipline but also contain a professional component that provides a fundamental education in professional fields such as communication, policy, business, law, or cybersecurity.
The programs are offered online, hybrid, and on-campus through the APSU Clarksville Campus and the Fort Campbell Campus allowing for students to gain admission for all terms. The Data Management and Analysis and Predictive Analytics concentrations will soon offer classes on campus and online.
Listed below are the required application materials and the associated scores (if necessary) for each.
- Application for admission
- Application Fee: $45 domestic or $55 international
- Bachelor’s degree, conferred in any field, from accredited institutions indicating a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 2.5
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Verification of lawful presence in the United States (i.e. submit a license or other approved document)
- GRE scores are not required (optional)
- Resume listing three references
- Personal Essay (the Personal Essay should be no longer than one page and should address the applicant’s career goals, why the applicant wishes to pursue the PSM at APSU, and the applicant’s quantitative/analytical background in terms of prior coursework, research, and/or employment)
- Military documents (if applicable)
- Admission decision by department
For more information about the application process, please visit apsu.edu/grad-studies.