Dr. John R. McConnell III
Professor and Chair, Department of Educational Specialties
Location: Claxton Building, Room 304A
Dr. Sherri Prosser
Phone: (931) 221-7516
Location: Claxton Building, Room 319
The Master of Arts in Education: Reading licensure program is designed for candidates interested in improving their knowledge of literacy and/or pursuing a position as a reading specialist, as literacy leaders in the school system, or as a curriculum coach. This program is used to satisfy Tennessee licensure for Reading Specialist (PreK-12) upon three years or more of satisfactory classroom teaching experience, an official transcript on file with the Office of Teacher Licensure, and an official plan of study completed with the advisor and filed with the Office of Teacher Licensure. This program is designed to be completed as a cohort model.
Listed below are the required application materials and the associated scores (if necessary) for each.
- Application for admission
- Application Fee: $45 domestic or $55 international
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Verification of lawful presence in the United States (i.e. submit a license or other approved document)
- Bachelor’s degree, from a regionally accredited institution showing a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Valid teacher licensure
- Military documents (if applicable)
- Admission decision by department
For more information about the application process, please visit apsu.edu/grad-studies.
Some University Programs have additional requirements and information included in the Program Handbook. Program Handbooks, which are incorporated into herein by reference, are available by selecting the following link: Reading.