Jun 04, 2023
Dr. Sue Evans
Chair, Department of Leadership
Location: Clement 143B
Phone: 931-221-1465 or 931-221-1437
Dr. Kathryn Woods
Location: Clement Building, Office 217A
This graduate certificate helps students understand the perceptual, institutional, and social processes that impact the ways people interact and make decisions in organizations. The interdisciplinary curriculum promotes a scientific approach to optimizing organizational outcomes by equipping leaders with the skills to cultivate a diverse, equitable, and inclusive climate. These skills serve students who strive to make organizations more supportive and engaging places to work.
The program requires completion of 9 semester credit hours (3 courses).
Listed below are the required application materials and the associated scores (if necessary) for each.
- Application for admission
- Application Fee: $45 domestic or $55 international
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Verification of lawful presence in the United States (i.e. submit a license or other approved document)
- Bachelor’s degree, conferred in any field, from a regionally accredited institution showing a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.5
- Choose ONE of the following:
- Admissions Portfolio - Applicants may submit a portfolio in lieu of the GRE. The portfolio must include a current resume, a personal essay detailing the reasons for wanting to enter the M.P.S. program and discussing how the program will help the applicant achieve personal and professional goals, and two letters of professional and/or academic reference. Applicants must upload or submit the portfolio to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Minimum GRE revised General Test scores of: Verbal - 140, Quantitative - 140, and Analytical Writing - 2.5.
- Military documents (if applicable)
- Admission decision by department
For more information about the application process, please visit apsu.edu/grad-studies.