Dr. Kevin Tanner
Chair, Department of History and Philosophy
Location: Harned Hall, Room 328
Phone: (931) 221-1447
Dr. David Snyder
Graduate Coordinator, Professor
Location: Harned Hall, Room 134A
Phone: (931) 221-7923
Students admitted to the Master of Arts in History have a non-thesis (30 hours) and thesis (36 hours) option.
Listed below are the required application materials and the associated scores (if necessary) for each.
- Application for admission
- Application Fee: $45 domestic or $55 international
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Verification of lawful presence in the United States (i.e. submit a license or other approved document)
- Bachelor’s degree, conferred in any field, from a regionally accredited institution showing a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75
- Three letters of recommendation
- 1500 word writing sample
- Personal statement
- Military documents (if applicable)
- Admission decision by department
For more information about the application process, please visit apsu.edu/grad-studies.
Some University Programs have additional requirements and information included in the Program Handbook. Program Handbooks, which are incorporated into herein by reference, are available by selecting the following link: Master of Arts in History.