Location: SSG Glenn H. English, Jr., Army Education Center
Bldg. 202 - Room 138, Fort Campbell, KY 42223
The mission of the APSU Center @ Fort Campbell is to prepare our military and civilian students in the acquisition and development of the necessary skills, knowledge, and abilities required for entry into and/or advancement in their academic, professional, technical, or management fields of endeavor or career choices. With focused learning, modern equipment, and varied methods of instruction by quality faculty, we assist our diverse student body through a process of academic rigor with a focus on exceptional customer service and personal attention.
Fort Campbell operates on five 7 1/2-week terms: Fall I (August - October), Fall II (October - December), Spring I (January - March), Spring II (March - May), and Summer III (May - July). The official calendar for Fort Campbell is published in this Bulletin and will be published in the Fort Campbell Schedule of Classes.
The APSU Center @ Fort Campbell Bookstore, located in the Army Education Center, stocks textbooks that are required for scheduled courses. Students are strongly encouraged to attend the first class meeting to ensure that the course will be offered and the exact text requirements are understood before making purchases. Checks, money orders, Visa, MasterCard, or cash are acceptable for payment. The APSU Bookstore has several textbook buy back programs each year.
Students planning to attend APSU Center @ Fort Campbell may apply for financial assistance. Students should complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which is available at APSU Center @ Fort Campbell or via the web at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Students should file an application for admission to the University at the same time they apply for financial aid. Students who qualify for financial assistance will be notified by an award letter from the Student Financial Aid Office. The award will be divided into four (4) disbursement periods consistent with the four-term schedule per academic year offered through APSU Center @ Fort Campbell. Please refer to the financial aid section of this Bulletin to view the types of federal aid that are available. Also, please visit www.apsu.edu/financialaid for more information.
Registration procedures, dates, and information are announced prior to the beginning of each term. Fees for registration must be paid at the time of registration. Current policy stipulates that, while all classes and programs are open to the public, active duty military personnel will have first priority.
Academic Status and Retention
General Requirements for an Associate Degree
The general requirements for the associate’s degree are as follows:
- Earn at least 15 APSU semester hours credit.
- Earn at least 60 semester hours credit and follow the specific course requirements as given in the outlined Program of Study.
- Complete the First Year Experience course (APSU 1000) during the first semester of enrollment if entering APSU with fewer than 12 credit earned in a regionally accredited college or university setting.
- Fulfill degree requirement with no more than one-half non-traditional credits.
- Earn at least 25 percent of the degree requirements in residency and earn at least 24 semester credit hours during the sophomore year. Courses offered by *TN eCampus, formerly RODP/ROCC, must be taught by APSU instructors in order to be included in the program of study residency requirement. Residency is defined as courses delivered and taught by APSU instructors.
- Transfer no more than 15 semester hours of credit earned at other institutions after the last semester of residence.
- Be admitted to APSU if transferring from other associate degree programs.
- Maintain an overall minimum grade-point average of at least a “C” (2.00) average in all courses. Effective Summer 2015 and after, any coursework transferred to APSU, regardless of when it was earned, will not be included in the overall GPA calculation. It will also not be included in the major or minor calculation.
- Completion of ENGL 1010 with minimum grade of “C.”
- Submit an application online for the associate degree through AP OneStop at onestop.apsu.edu by the published deadline.