Location: McReynolds Building, 216
The mission of Distance Education at Austin Peay State University is to empower faculty and students to effectively employ emerging technologies and research based teaching practices to facilitate greater access to high quality and flexible higher education pathways.
Cultivate and inspire innovative teaching and learning in Distance Education through effective implementation of emerging technologies and research based teaching practices.
Distance Education provides instructional technology and design services. We support faculty and student use of the D2L Brightspace learning management system, Turnitin plagiarism prevention and writing support, Examity and Honorlock online proctoring, Zoom web conferencing, Tutor.com online tutoring, YuJa media management and SmarterMeasure learning readiness assessment. Instructional designers are available to help faculty with course development, course improvement, content curation and accessibility. Our other services include:
- Distance Education Support Desk (M-F, 8:00am-4:30pm)
- Instructional technology assistance and resources for students and faculty
- Quality Matters course reviews
- Closed captioning and video streaming services
- Faculty development training and travel stipend
- Multimedia resources (Camtasia and SnagIt licenses)
- One-on-one and group instructional technology and design consultations/training
- Distance Education compliance and regulation
Distance Education Support Desk
The Distance Education Support Desk provides faculty, staff and student support for the instructional technologies and services listed above. Please contact Distance Education Support at firstname.lastname@example.org, 931-221-6625, or in McReynolds Building Room 216. Regular business hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm. The Distance Education website, www.apsu.edu/online, has a wealth of information including an introduction to online courses guide, technology training resources and helpful tips.