Location: Kimbrough Bldg., 203
The APSU College of Business is a teaching-focused business school committed to student success while serving the Clarksville and Nashville metropolitan areas. We strive to push students beyond the textbook and help them explore their passions, in order to empower our graduates to compete in a global economy.
We believe in:
- The worth of teaching and the value of experiential and reflective learning.
- Creating a climate of inclusion that will facilitate access and foster student success.
- Professional and research activities that inform teaching, engage students, and improve the practice of business.
- The value of interaction among colleagues, students, and community.
- Ethical behavior, transparent management, and respect for colleagues and students.
Students majoring in business will receive the Bachelor of Business Administration degree.
Admission to the College of Business (COB) requires a completed application and the following:
All exceptions to these requirements must be approved by the Dean of the College of Business. Students seeking exceptions must have their College of Business advisor’s approval before submitting the request to the Dean.
Transfer Admission Requirements
Transfer students must meet the previously prescribed admission requirements for the BBA program. Transfer student must have his/her transcripts reviewed by the College of Business advisor. Accepted freshmen and sophomore level courses transfer as lower level courses.
Students enrolled in the BBA program who plan to take courses from another institution for transfer credit to APSU must secure prior written approval from the College of Business and the Registrar on the Course Approval Form (found on the Registrar’s website).
Business Minors and Non-Business Majors
Business minors and non-business majors must meet the applicable course prerequisites and may earn no more than 30 hours of credit offered by the College of Business.
Graduation requirements are listed below:
Minimum 39 upper division hours;
The CoB requires a minimum grade of “C” in all BBA program core, major, and concentration courses. This requirement includes Major Guided Electives;
The university requires a minimum 2.0 GPA in the following: cumulative GPA, APSU GPA, program GPA, and minor GPA (if applicable); and
The Major Field Test in Business is required in the senior year. This is a proctored exam and must be taken in person.
The Bachelor of Business Administration
- The College of Business offers the Bachelor of Business Administration with majors in
Accounting (B.B.A.) , Finance (B.B.A.) , Management (B.B.A.) , and Marketing (B.B.A.) .
- The College of Business offers the following concentrations:
Economics within Finance, International Management within Management, General Business within Management.